YOptima’s products and services are designed to help Demand Partners optimize deliveries and ROI on their ad campaigns on every single impression. We are a Demand Partner focused company, but we also maintain relationships with certain Supply Partners and Technology Partners. Ad creatives that you see come from these Demand Partners and usually the ad comes from the same domain as the Demand Partner or the Supply Partner or the Technology Partner. Generally, a user will encounter an ad from one of our Demand Partners by viewing the content on a website owned or operated by one of our Supply Partners.
YOptima is GDPR Compliant. Learn more about YOptima’s GDPR compliance here
A GENERAL NOTE ON INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES AND PRIVACY
- Ad Tags: Ad Tags are pieces of code that allow the delivery of online advertisements in the dedicated ad spaces on websites and in online applications.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files that web servers typically send to users’ computer when they visit a website. Cookies can be read or edited when the user loads a website or advertisement from the domain that wrote the cookie in the first place. Cookies are used by companies to collect and send information about a user’s website visit – for example, number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information can be used to improve a user’s online experience by saving passwords, or allowing companies to track and improve website loading times, for instance. Cookies can also be used to track a user’s browsing or online purchasing habits and to target advertisements to specific users. Cookies cannot be used to access any other data on a user’s hard drive, to personally identify them, or to act like malware or a virus. Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their Internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive. You can read more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
- Personally Identifiable Information: We define personally identifiable information (or “PII”) as “information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or can be used with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual.” e. g. name, address, social security number, e-mail address etc. This is the common industry definition used by most Internet companies. Information that is collected by various Internet companies but which does not qualify as PII is call “non-PII.”
- Real-Time Bidding: Real-Time Bidding (or “RTB”) is a method of buying online or mobile advertising inventory by responding in real-time to an ad call with a “bid,” usually priced by cost per thousand impressions (“CPM”), to buy that single impression and thus the opportunity to display an ad to that user. RTB buyers use multiple different data sources, including third parties, to more precisely target the ads they display.
- Web Beacons & Pixels: A web beacon consists of a small string of code that represents a graphic image request on a web page, a page in an online application, or in an email. A graphic image can be associated with the web beacon, but is not required. When an image is present, usually the image is designed to blend into the background of the web page, application, or email in which it appears. Often a beacon will be placed by an online data collecting company without an image, so it is invisible to the user, and in the smallest discrete space possible on the screen. This is a “pixel” and is essentially an invisible web beacon. Pixels and web beacons can be used for site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising auditing and reporting, personalization, and other uses. They do this typically by writing or editing cookies on each user’s computer. Therefore, like cookies, they cannot be used to key log, copy personal files from your computer, or replicate like a virus. Most pixels and web beacons, including those used by YOptima, collect only anonymous data. However, some pixels may be used to collect PII, particularly in the case of email that contains a web beacon. In such cases, the data collected through the web beacon may be linked to the recipient’s email address or other information identifying the recipient. YOptima does not use such beacons that collect PII, nor does it operate in the business of direct marketing mailers.
“YOPTIMA’s SERVICE & THE DATA IT COLLECTS”
- We Do Not Collect Personally Identifiable Information.
- We do not collect PII via our Service, and expressly forbid our Clients from sending us PII and also take all precautions to avoid receiving PII from our Clients. If, despite these measures, we do receive PII from a Client or we inadvertently send PII we have received from a Client to a third-party we shall take all measures to remove the PII from our servers and records and to make certain the third parties have removed the PII from their records as well.
You Can Opt Out
Being in the ad network business, YOptima uses various 3rd party ad platforms, termed Technology Partners. Some of these Technology Partners do offer behavioral targeting solutions by dropping a cookie on user browsers from their respective ad serving domains. In such cases, YOptima defers to the privacy policies of these respective platforms.
Here is some general information about the cookie opt-out. If you want to opt-out of this behavioral or interest based targeting, please click on the opt-out button available with our platform here, and other 3rd party platforms here and here.
Please note that if you opt-out but later delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, opt-out may not function as desired. Even if you have opted out once, if you later access the website from a different computer or Internet browser, you would need to opt-out in that environment. Also, opt-out is browser and computer-specific and will get nullified if you install a new version of the browser. Deleting a cookie or opting-out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising; it only means that you will not see targeted ads.
Once you opt out of online behavioral advertising YOptima will honor your choice and stop using the information we collect about you to serve you targeted ads or personalized content.
However, it is important to understand the following about opt-outs:
- Opt-out does not block Ads – If you opt-out, you will continue to see online Ads from YOptima Ad network but those will not be interest based targeted ads.
- Opt-out does not block data collection – If you opt out, YOptima can continue to collect data about your browsing activity which helps YOptima to serve you Ads and support other services. But in no way can YOptima use that data to serve you targeted ads or personalized content.
- Opt-outs will be annulled once you delete opt-out cookies – Your opt-out is recorded by YOptima using opt-out cookies which are stored in your machine. Once you delete that cookie, you will no longer be opted-out and YOptima will again start showing you targeted ads until you explicitly opt-out again.
- Opt-out duration is for 5 years – If you opt-out of YOptima Ad network, then as per NAI guidelines you will remain opted-out of targeted advertising by YOptima for five years from the day you opt-out notwithstanding section 3 above. After five years you will be again targeted for interest advertising until you explicitly opt-out again.
- Opt-out is browser specific – Your opt-out action is browser specific which means that you will not be shown targeted ads on the browser from which you have opted out. Hence if you are using multiple browsers, you have to opt-out using each browser.
Opting Out Through The Network Advertising Initiative
You can also opt out of receiving cookies from some 3rd party and any other Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) compliant company by clicking here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You will find a mechanism to opt-out from Non-PII collection by a number of different Demand Partners and other Internet companies, including third-party data providers. If you opt-out through the NAI, please refer to the FAQ available on the NAI website to understand how their opt-out mechanism works.
Opt out of ads where cookie technology may not be available – To serve ads in services where cookie technology may not be available (for example, in mobile applications), we may use anonymous identifiers. These perform similar functions to cookies.
What to do: To opt out of interest-based ads in mobile apps, follow the instructions below for your mobile device.
- Open the Google Settings app on your device.
- Select Ads.
- Devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s Advertising Identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the Settings menu on your device.
For more details, please refer to https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
YOptima’s advertising products and the Service are not intended for persons under 13 years of age, and are not intentionally developed for or directed to children. We do not knowingly solicit or collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly market our products or services to children under the age of 13.